Word Problem--Please Help ASAP!!!

ToOtSiE_PoP

Olga has 2 good friends who live in her neighborhood...Xochi lives 3 blocks east and five blocks north of Olga...Piero lives 2 blocks west and four blocks south of Olga...All blocks in neighborhood are squares...What is the straight line distance, in blocks, between Xochis and Pieros homes??

What????

Thank You In Advance!!

Draw the blocks and the paths. Note that you'll get right triangles. Apply the Pythagorean Theorem.

Eliz.

I got 10.3...is that right??? :/...3^2+5^2=c^2
Square root of 34=c=5.8
2^2+4^2=c^2
Square root of 20=4.5
4.5+5.8=10.3

Well, you rounded a lot, and I don't know if that will be acceptable (instructor vary in what they want), but if you mean your answer to be "sqrt(106)", then, yes.

Eliz.

Ok...Thank You...but I have another ? is this answer right?....m<1=72 degrees...find the measure of supplement of <1 is the answer 108 degrees?
And how do I find the coordinates of C if I am given the midpoint of AC (2, -3) and Coordinates of A(0,5)??

Please post new questions as new threads, not as replies to old questions. Thank you.

2) What is the sum of supplementary angles? If your sum fits the definition, then you have the correct answer.

3) Plug the given points into the Midpoint Formula, and solve for the coordinates of C.

Eliz.