give y-values for x-values; draw graph; etc....

silents

2) For the function,

a) Give the y values for x = -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3
Answer:

x
y

Show work in this space.

b) Using these points, draw a curve.
Show graph here.

3) It is approximately 300 miles from Chicago, Illinois, to St. Louis, Missouri. Allowing for various traffic conditions, a driver can average approximately 60 miles per hour.

a) Write a linear function that expresses the distance traveled, d, as a function of time, t.

Answer:

b) How far have you traveled after 3 hours?
Obtain the solution from the equation in 3a), do not just guess.

Answer:

Show work in this space.

c) Write a linear function that expresses the distance to be traveled to reach St. Louis, s, as a function of time, t.

Answer:

Show work in this space.

d) How far will I need to travel to reach St. Louis after I have traveled 3 hours?

Answer:

Show work in this space.

SORRY! But you have given us NO FUNCTION!
Please edit your posting with a correction.

If you're unable to answer any of your questions,
you need to see your teacher...

There are some graph that were imposible to show.

1) a)

Given the above graph, identify the graph of the function (line, parabola, hyperbola, or exponential), explain your choice, and give the domain and range as shown in the graph, and also the domain and range of the entire function.

Graph Type

Explanation

Domain

Range

b)
x -2 -1 0 1 2
y .25 .5 1 2 4

Given the table above, graph the function, identify the graph of the function (line, parabola, hyperbola, or exponential), explain your choice, and give the domain and range as shown in the graph, and also the domain and range of the entire function.

Graph

Graph Type

Explanation

Domain

Range

c)

Given the graph above, identify the graph of the function (line, parabola, hyperbola, or exponential), explain your choice, and give the domain and range as shown in the graph, and also the domain and range of the entire function.

Graph Type

Explanation

Domain

Range

d) In most businesses, increasing prices of their product can have a negative effect on the number of customers of the business. A bus company in a small town has an average number of riders of 1,000 per day. The bus company charges $2.00 for a ride. They conducted a survey of their customers and found that they will lose approximately 50 customers per day for each $.25 increase in fare.

Given the description above, graph the function, identify the graph of the function (line, parabola, hyperbola, or exponential), explain your choice, and give the domain and range as shown in the graph you have drawn, and also the domain and range of the entire function excluding unrealistic values. The vertical axis is the number of riders per day, and the horizontal axis is the fare.

Graph

Graph Type

Explanation

Domain

Range

2) For the function,

a) Give the y values for x = -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3
Answer:

x
y

Show work in this space.

b) Using these points, draw a curve.
Show graph here.

3) It is approximately 300 miles from Chicago, Illinois, to St. Louis, Missouri. Allowing for various traffic conditions, a driver can average approximately 60 miles per hour.

a) Write a linear function that expresses the distance traveled, d, as a function of time, t.

Answer:

Answer:

Show work in this space.

c) Write a linear function that expresses the distance to be traveled to reach St. Louis, s, as a function of time, t.

Answer:

Show work in this space.

d) How far will I need to travel to reach St. Louis after I have traveled 3 hours?

Answer:

Show work in this space.

When you did the copy-n-paste from your online exam, the images did not display. This may be a security feature, to prevent cheating.

Before you can receive assistance, you will need, at the very least, to provide the rest of the text of the exercises.

It wouldn't hurt to show a little effort of your own, either.

Eliz.

Thank you

Well thank you, if I could do it myself, I will not be asking for help.

Re: There are some graph that were imposible to show.

silents said:
1) a)

Answer:

Answer:

Show work in this space.

Answer:

Show work in this space.

Answer:

Show work in this space.

If we can't see the graphs, it is impossible for us to help with any questions related to those graphs. However, if YOU can see the graphs, you should certainly be able to tell what kind of function you're dealing with....assuming that you know what a line looks like, or a parabola, or a hyperbola, or an exponential graph. If you don't recognize the type from the graph, I think you probably need to consider RETAKING this course.

I'll give you a few hints on problem 3:

A very important relationship, and one that is usually covered in middle school, says this:

distance = rate * time

You're given a rate of 60 mph. If t represents time, and d represents distance, we could write
d = 60t

Use this to answer a couple of your questions.

If the total distance between Chicago and St. Louis is 300 miles, then after you travel "t" hours at 60 mph, the distance you have left to travel is 300 - 60t, or
d = 300 - 60t

Use this, and you can perhaps answer some of the rest of the questions.

In the future, please show that you have at least attempted to solve problems on your own. We are here to HELP....we are not here to do your work for you.

And, as someone has already said, if you truly have no idea about how to do any of this, then you need to talk to your teacher or your guidance counselor. You are probably not ready to be in this class.