need help with trig/geometry: is chat available?

Mathisconfusing101

I seriously have no idea what I am doing, and as soon as I think I have figured it out. It's wrong, or the answer makes no sense. Are there any math whizes here who has aim or something that can talk me through some of these problems???

its mostly trig and stuff. I am retaking a geometry course online. There is no teacher to ask. I have no idea what to do. Someone please help me. I'm desperate.

Punt?

You will have to calm down. You will need to think about what you are doing. Are you in the right course? Do you have a choice?

You must have some idea what you are doing or you are not in the right course and you are not prepared for the new material. It's really that simple.

Re: Ok... I need help or im gonna cry.

Mathisconfusing101 said:
I seriously have no idea what I am doing, and as soon as I think I have figured it out. It's wrong, or the answer makes no sense. Are there any math whizes here who has aim or something that can talk me through some of these problems???

its mostly trig and stuff. I am retaking a geometry course online. There is no teacher to ask. I have no idea what to do. Someone please help me. I'm desperate.

You really shouldn't be retaking a geometry course online. You should retake it in a real life classroom where you can get the most out of the teacher and the classroom enviornment. You just can't get that online.

unfortunately I don't have a choice. I will be a senior this year.. and need this course for graduation.. and for college. Along with this geometry over the summer... i have to take algebra 2 in the fall. I havent understood math since like 8th grade... so im seriously screwed. I know I should calm down, but I just cant afford to fail this course again...

heres a sample of some of the problems that i can't quite do:

1. A refrigerator has a width of 3 feet. The angle of elevation from the bottom corner to the opposite corner is 65 degrees. What is the height of the refrigerator?

2. If the height of a refrigerator is 6 feet and the base is 3 feet, find the angle of elevation.

sub20-3.jpg
Suppose c=12.3 and mÐB=55°. Find a.

You really shouldn't be retaking a geometry course online. You should retake it in a real life classroom where you can get the most out of the teacher and the classroom enviornment. You just can't get that online.

UNfortunately my schedule is too jampacked and I have to take it online.

Re: Ok... I need help or im gonna cry.

Mathisconfusing101 said:
UNfortunately my schedule is too jampacked and I have to take it online.

...and look where we are now. You're not ready for it. You need more than can be provided in this forum. You need a real life tutor.

Mathisconfusing101 said:
I seriously have no idea what I am doing.... Are there any math whizes here who has aim or something that can talk me through some of these problems?
If you really have "no idea" about the various courses (geometry, algebra, trig, etc) that you need to learn over the summer, then even instant-chat will almost-certainly not be sufficient, due to the inherent limitations of the format: The other party cannot see your book, your notes, your assignment, or your working, and cannot easily communicate all the information back to you -- especially not the drawings required in geometry and trigonometry.

However, if you hire a tutor, local to your area, and meet with the tutor for a few hours every day this summer, you may be able to cover this material by the deadline.

My best wishes to you.

Eliz.

ok. i am taking a the second semester of geometry online. I can provide the drawings, i just need someone who can help me get through the problem. I know I probably sound like a pathetic whining child, but I just don't know what to do. I can not find a tutor. I have been looking all year. They are either too expensive or not available. I just need a little help understanding things. *like the problems above*

Mathisconfusing101 said:
...I just need a little help understanding things. *like the problems above*

Your *3 problems above* are all related to simple right triangles;
do you know what "a^2 + b^2 = c^2" means?
do you know that a and b are the 2 legs and c is the hypotenuse?

You don't seem to be very resourseful; did you "search" for sites?
I just googled "introduction to right triangles": LOTS of sites can help you;
like this one: http://id.mind.net/~zona/mmts/trigonome ... angle.html