PDA

View Full Version : Equation Needed (computing necessary mark on exam)



Injection
06-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I have a final exam tomorrow, and I'm close to failing the course, so I need to know what I have to score on the exam in order to pass the course.

My current mark is 55%, and that accounts for 70% of the course. The exam accounts for the other 30%.

So, I need a formula to figure out what mark I would need to score on the exam in order to get a 50% in the course.

Thanks in advance.

tkhunny
06-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I have a final exam tomorrow, and I'm close to failing the course, so I need to know what I have to score on the exam in order to pass the course.

My current mark is 55%, and that accounts for 70% of the course. The exam accounts for the other 30%.

So, I need a formula to figure out what mark I would need to score on the exam in order to get a 50% in the course.

Thanks in advance.Is it a math class? If you can't figure this out, that would be consistent with your low marks.

(55%)(70%) + (x%)*(30%) = (50%)
0.385 + 0.30*x = 0.50
0.30*x = 0.115
x = 0.3833333... = 38.3333%

PLEASE don't set that as your goal! Do better than that.

Injection
06-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Yes, it's a math class, lol.

Thank you for your help.

tkhunny
06-20-2006, 06:22 PM
:( {sigh}