What is Cramer's Rule?

Why not look it up in a math text or google it.

Simply put, it's the use of determinats to solve a system of linear equations.

I will guess that you have been given a linear system to solve, that the solution method has been specified as being "by Cramer's Rule", that you have (by now) looked up and studied lessons on Cramer's Rule, and are now requesting that your answers be checked.

(As has been mentioned previously, using standard English and clearly stating the exercise, its instructions, and your question, would go a long way toward helping us help you.)

Since your system is in the variables "a" and "b", and since you have stated your answer in terms of "x" and "y", there is no way for us to verify your solution. However, you have your work in front of you, and can check your work yourself. Plug the values in for the appropriate variables, and see if the equations evaluate as "true".

If you have further questions, please reply with a clear statement of the situation, including a clear listing of your work and reasoning. Thank you.

Eliz.

humakhan said:
galactus said:
Why not look it up in a math text or google it.

Simply put, it's the use of determinats to solve a system of linear equations.

http://library.thinkquest.org/10030/10cramer.htm

ok here is my problem and the way they did it i did the same way with the problem that i have...

7a - 2b = 5
3a + 4b = 6

and at the end
x = \(\displaystyle \underbrace{-16/17}_{\text{should be 16/17}}\) and y = 27/34