[SPLIT] don't know how to simplify eqns to simplest form

sakura199345

dont understand how to do these problems. its about simplifying into simplest form this equation.

1) x/x+2 - 1/x-2=8/x^2-4

2) 1+ 2/x divided by 1 - 4/x^2

3) solve for n: n- (square root of 3n+4)=2

4) square root of 72 +square root of 32 divided by sqaure root of 8

thank you so much for your help. this is my first time on your site and when can I expect the answers. My test is tomorrow. Again thanks, Monty

sakura199345 said:
dont understand how to do these problems. its about simplifying into simplest form this equation.
I can't imagine what is meant by "simplifying equations into simplest form". One customarily "solves" equations; one "simplifies" expressions. Since the instructions told you to simplify rather than solve, you would need to explain (perhaps with a worked example from your text) what is meant by this, before we would have any way of providing advice, suggestions, examples, links, or other tutoring helps.

sakura199345 said:
when can I expect the answers. My test is tomorrow.
I'm sorry, but whoever told you that what you read in the "Read Before Posting" thread could be ignored was, I'm afraid, quite mistaken. This is a math-help site, not a "cheetz" site. There is still no paid staff waiting on-hand to complete your assignments by any given deadline. The volunteers surf by as they have the time, and they generally try to help students learn and grow. I apologize for the confusion.

To obtain the service you require, please contract with a company offering such. It should be noted, however, that, since these services are helping you cheat, they themselves tend to be fraudulent (and often based in Eastern Europe). It is advisable that you use your credit card with the lowest credit limit, and that you check your balance at least once a day.

Good luck.

Eliz.

sakura199345 said:
dont understand how to do these problems. What do you not understand? Be specific please.its about simplifying into simplest form this equation.Are you just incapable of answering the problems and want them answered for you?

1) x/x+2 - 1/x-2=8/x^2-4

2) 1+ 2/x divided by 1 - 4/x^2

4) square root of 72 +square root of 32 divided by sqaure root of 8

thank you so much for your help. this is my first time on your site and when can I expect the answers. The sooner you tell us what you are having difficulty with, the faster you could get results.My test is tomorrow. Again thanks, Monty

I'm not sure that I follow all of that completely, but I will tell you for #3 that n is 0.

Square (the square root of 3n+4) and (2).

This gets you 3n+4=4.

Subtract 4 from each side.

3n=0.

Divide by 3.

n=0.

I may be able to help you further if you explain what you don't understand...

Oh, and please use parentheses. Your "problems" look like a random assortment of numbers and marks.

sakura199345 said:
You missed an "n", go^3 :cry:

n - sqrt(3n + 4) = 2
n - 2 = sqrt(3n + 4) ; square both sides:
n^2 - 4n + 4 = 3n + 4
n^2 - 7n = 0
n(n - 7) = 0
n = 0 or n = 7

Ah, see! I told you to take my answers with a grain of salt! Check the signature :p

Yeah, I just covered a little bit of square roots last year in geometry, because for some reason in 7th grade the algebra teacher didn't feel like teaching that.

Not that that had anything to do with that, since I just made a math error. :p Thanks for correcting my mistake Denis.

actually n= 7 is the only solution.

n= 0 does not satisfy original equation.

True...
n - sqrt(3n + 4) = 2
But isn't n - 2 = +-sqrt(3n + 4) inferred?

Denis said:
True...
n - sqrt(3n + 4) = 2
But isn't n - 2 = +-sqrt(3n + 4) inferred?

well, sqrt[1[sup:1faus53s]2[/sup:1faus53s]] - or sqrt(n) - is positive only (1).

However, solution of x[sup:1faus53s]2[/sup:1faus53s] - 1 = 0 is x= ±1

When we square both sides of an equation during the solution process, we need to check our results because the act of squaring sometimes introduces false results.