Alegbra Help with inequalities

codskynwill

Suppose you want to cover the backyard with decorative rock and plant some trees as the first phase of the project. You need 30 tons of rock to cover the area. If each ton cost $60 and each tree is $84, what is the maximum number of trees you can buy with a budget for rock and trees of $2,500? Write an inequality that illustrates the problem and solve. Express your answer as an inequality and explain how you arrived at your answer.

Any help with writing a problem for this would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you

I don't see an inequality problem here.
30 tons of rock MUST be purchased to cover the area: that's 30 * 60 = 1800 bucks.
Leaves 2500 - 1800 = 700 bucks for trees; 700 / 84 = 8 1/3, so 8 trees.
Leaves 28 bucks for a two-four of Bud Light.

That was what I thought, so that is why is had me confused ....
Thank you so much for the information.

May be the problem statement had an "at least" there ....

codskynwill said:
Suppose you want to cover the backyard with decorative rock and plant some trees as the first phase of the project. You need at least 30 tons of rock to cover the area. If each ton cost $60 and each tree is $84, what is the maximum number of trees you can buy with a budget for rock and trees of $2,500? Write an inequality that illustrates the problem and solve. Express your answer as an inequality and explain how you arrived at your answer.

Any help with writing a problem for this would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you