statistics questions

kaylor koh

1.Determine the probability that at least 2 people in a room of 13 people share the same birthday, ignoring leap years and assuming each birthday is equally likely, by answering the following question
a) Probability that 13 people have different birthday is
b) The probability that at least 2 people share a birthday

2.A distribution center receives shipments of a product from three different factories in the quantities of 50, 30 and 20. Three times a product is selected at random, each time without replacement. Find the probability that all three products came from the third factory.

3.A certain lottery has 40 numbers. In how many different ways can 6 of the numbers be selected? There are___ different ways the numbers can be selected.

4.The probability that an airplane flight departs on time is 0.89
The probability that a flight arrives on time is 0.89
The probability that a flight departs and arrives on time is 0.82
The probability that a flight departed on time given that it arrives on time is ____.

5.A horse race has 11 entries. Assuming that there are no ties, what is the probability that the three horses owned by one person finish first, second and third

kaylor koh said:
1.Determine the probability that at least 2 people in a room of 13 people share the same birthday, ignoring leap years and assuming each birthday is equally likely, by answering the following question
a) Probability that 13 people have different birthday is
b) The probability that at least 2 people share a birthday

2.A distribution center receives shipments of a product from three different factories in the quantities of 50, 30 and 20. Three times a product is selected at random, each time without replacement. Find the probability that all three products came from the third factory.

3.A certain lottery has 40 numbers. In how many different ways can 6 of the numbers be selected? There are___ different ways the numbers can be selected.

4.The probability that an airplane flight departs on time is 0.89
The probability that a flight arrives on time is 0.89
The probability that a flight departs and arrives on time is 0.82
The probability that a flight departed on time given that it arrives on time is ____.

5.A horse race has 11 entries. Assuming that there are no ties, what is the probability that the three horses owned by one person finish first, second and third

Please read the "Rules for Posting"....we expect to see SOME work on your part, so that we know where you need help.

We don't "do" homework here.

I did not know I have to show my working, as I used to show them. Also, this is not homework, it'sextra practice to prepare myself for the exam. thanks

kaylor koh said:
this is not homework

You might be missing the point.

Tell us what you already know about these exercises ,or make some statements about what you're thinking. Otherwise, how can anybody determine why you're stuck or where to begin helping you?