Home entry ramp slope

Rif

Hello Rif here.
If a ramp/walkway has a 32" rise and a 194" run, what would be the slope angle in percent and degrees? Please.

What are you studying? Which formula(s) were you given to solve these problems?

Hello Rif here,
I'm eliminating stair steps to an entry way of the home and replacing it with the ramp/walkway and the inspector needs to know the angle or slope of the ramp/walkway.
I have, rise divided by the run, and then obtain the inverse tangent of the result.
I've obtained a permit for the project and I just wanted to be ahead of the game. So providing the slope and angle in degrees and percentage would help me tremendously.
Thank you.

Hello Rif here,
I'm eliminating stair steps to an entry way of the home and replacing it with the ramp/walkway and the inspector needs to know the angle or slope of the ramp/walkway.
I have, rise divided by the run, and then obtain the inverse tangent of the result.
I've obtained a permit for the project and I just wanted to be ahead of the game. So providing the slope and angle in degrees and percentage would help me tremendously.
Thank you.
I already gave you the answer. Did you not see it?

I assumed (correctly) that you were not a student looking for help on a topic you were studying but were more likely to be a workman (or the like) who needed help because they weren't familiar with Trigonometry (and had no desire to learn about it).

However, someone complained about me giving you the answer without getting you to try and solve it for yourself and it looks like my answer has since been deleted from this thread. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Hello Rif here.
If a ramp/walkway has a 32" rise and a 194" run, what would be the slope angle in percent and degrees? Please.
From memory, this is roughly what I posted (but it has now disappeared).

Your approach is correct. The angle is approximately 9.3665° and that represents a percentage gradient of approximately 16.50% (
\(\displaystyle \frac{32}{194}\times 100\))%.

Ramp.png

Hope that helps. 😊

Last edited:
Rif said:
Well thank you Highlander for your time. I appreciate your assistance. Because of your inspiration my wife with limited mobility will have the best walkway in this beautiful Florida neighborhood.

Hello Rif here.
Because of your inspiration my wife with limited mobility will have the best walkway in this beautiful Florida neighborhood.
I presume, then, that you are not trying to build an ADA-compliant ramp; your slope is about 1:6 (which would be 9.46°), rather than the ADA-required 1:12 (4.76°).