Just confused

cena4me

Not sure what this is all about or even how to do it and if anyone have any suggestions; I would greatly appreciate it Thank you!!

Is it possible for x = 2 to be in the Domains of the functions
a) R(x) =
3x
3 5x + 6
x + 2
b) H(x) =
p
x + 1
Explain why or why not for each function.
What are the Domains of the functions R(x) and H(x)? If required, use inf for 1.

Not sure what this is all about or even how to do it and if anyone have any suggestions; I would greatly appreciate it Thank you!!

Is it possible for x = 2 to be in the Domains of the functions
a) R(x) =
3x
3 5x + 6
x + 2
b) H(x) =
p
x + 1
Explain why or why not for each function.
What are the Domains of the functions R(x) and H(x)? If required, use inf for 1.

I certainely could have helped you if I only could read the equations of your functions.
Please use brackets (or better: LaTeX) to write unambiguous equations.

this is exactly what is confusing me

This is what is confusing me because this is EXACTLY how my teacher has it written and I just don't understand it

Sorry

I SUSPECT that what was written by the teacher was something along the lines of:

\(\displaystyle R(x) = \dfrac{3x}{35x + 6}, and\ H(x) = \dfrac{p}{x + 1}\)

I STRONGLY DOUBT that the teacher said to write 1 as inf. I have had some poor teachers in my day, but none so benighted as to confuse 1 and \(\displaystyle \infty.\)

=========================

SORRY BUT The way I wrote it WAS EXACTLY The way she wrote it because it is online class and all I did was copy and paste the question so I know I didn't get it wrong and that is why it was so confusing!

I try to email her but she never writes me back so I thought I would try this board for help instead