Hard Trig Questions ( HELP MUCH APPRECIATED!)

I'm in ninth grade... Should I know how to do these problems

• Yes, they are super easy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they are really hard.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

johnsiano

1. Ship A leaves Port at noon and sails due South at six knots. B leaves the same port an hour later and sails on a heading of 120 degrees steady as six knots. At 2:00 PM, the bearing from ship a to ship b is ____?

2. A person flying a kite holds the string 5 ft above the ground. When 200 ft of string has been let out, and the angle of the string above the earth is 61 degrees, a pin falls out of the kite and straight to the ground. The distance in ft that the pin lands from the person flying the kite is closest to ____?

3. At 3PM standard time, in the sky above Alabama a honey bee heading 095 at 90 MPH and a hornet heading 005 at 90(root 3 mph collided. Both were flying straight; the bearing from the hornet to the bee, right up to the moment they collided would have been ____

4. An angle of 0 degrees, 0'1.4", when converted to radians is : A. 1.4 x 10^-7 B 1.4 x 10^ -6 C 6.79 x 10 ^ -6 D 1.64 x 10^-3 e. 0.021

5. If the radius of the earth is 3963 miles , then the earths rotational speed in mi/hr at latitude 61 degrees north (at Anchorage, Alaska) is approximately ______.

6. .... And, the distance in mi on the surface of the earth from Anchorage to the North Pole is _____.

7. A man on a dock is pulling in a boat by means of a rope attached to
the bow of the boat 1 ft above the water and passing through a simple
puley located on the dock 8 ft above the water. If the boat is
originally 45 ft fromt he dock, and he pulls in the rope at 2ft/sec,
what is the angle between the rope and the water after 10 seconds?

8. How do I prove that [2cos[(3a+4b)/2]cos[(3a-4b)/2] all devided by
(tan3a+tan4b) equals [cos3acos4b - cos4b(cos4b)]?

9. [(2sec60tan5a)/(1 + (cos(10a)] * (sin10a/4)] + 1 = sec5a(sec5a). How
would I prove this?

No matter the grade you are in, if this sort of thing is new to you, it is less likely to qualify as "easy".

You must draw a picture, whenever you can. Later, you'll have to let go of these pictures. For now, it's okay.

You don't know why you're in this class, do you?

I do not believe that you do not know how to start your drawing.

"Ship A leaves Port at noon and sails due South at six knots."

1) Draw a port. A single point will be fine. Label it "Port".
2) Decide which direction is South.
3) Draw a ship (a single point would be fine), due south of the port. Label it "A".
4) Draw a line segment between the port and the ship. Label this line segment "6 knots"

Do you REALLY want me to believe that you cannot draw that?

Excellent editing. I am glad that you changed your mind about that. Let's see how you obtained the answer you achieved. If you wander off, someone will help you fix it.