Welcome

Ted

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the FreeMathHelp.com Message Boards. The old message boards have been discontinued because of the obtrusive advertising, and these seem to be much better. A few basic rules:

1) Don't post a list of homework problems. People aren't here to do your homework for you. We are here to help you along if you get stuck.

2) Be respectful of others. Don't use foul language or phrases that are inappropriate.

3) Kids - don't use the forums unless you have a parent's permission, and NEVER give out personal information on the internet!

4) Have fun, and enjoy the boards.

I wanted to make a note: if any of you want to post more complex problems in proper form, I suggest this site. It allows you to write in LaTeX form and link it as an image.

For instance, instead of having to write out long sentences like "integral 0_infty (1/x)dx=? you can just script it, get an image, and post

integral_1.png

This should be especially helpful for the folks in the calculus forum, seeing as that seems to involve the most strange notation.

Euler said:
...if any of you want to post more complex problems...
There's always Karl's Notes, too: Just about anything can be posted in plain text, if proper care is taken.

Eliz.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the Moderators and Senior Members for helping me with my questions. I appreciate that you all volunteer your time out of your busy schedules to help us with our questions. The class I am in right now has no office hours or useful resources and so it is hard to get help. I am grateful, as I am sure everyone else is. :wink:

YEah.. This site is so cool!!!!!!!!!!

I've just realiazed.. there'r many Math geeks on this Planet.

I have great respect for "math geeks", for they have saved my u-know-what more times than i can count! :D

thanks, but........

.........just because im good at math doesnt mean i like it.....is that wrong to think that?

It's clear enough at face value. No need for explanation.

If you're not looking at the board index, then click the [Forum] button (upper left).

Pick an appropriate board (or guess, if you're not sure), and click on it to go to that board's message index.

Read the post titled "Read Before Posting".

Return to the board's index page, and click the [Post New Thread] button.

Type a useful subject line.

Following the guidelines in "Read Before Posting", provide the complete exercise and ask specific questions or explain why you're stuck.

Click the [Preview Post] button, and proofread your post.

Click the [Submit Reply] button.

Cheers ~ Mark :cool:

i cant figure out how to post :confused:

Huh? Your post above succeeded.

See my prior response; it includes some general instructions.

If you're still having trouble, please tell us exactly what you're doing (i.e., What page are you on? What are you clicking? etc).

Cheers :cool:

Last edited: