Need Help As soon as possible

rgeer

One bag of patatoes weighs 5 kilograms. Another bag weighs 4300 grams. The total weight of the two bags is:
(a) 54,300 g (b) 4,305 g (c) 5.43 kg (d) 9.3 kg
It wants you to choose the correct answer.

Freddie can run a mile in 5 minutes. How many feet can he run in 2 minutes?

3: x=2:3 solve for X
(a) 2/3 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 9/2

Which proportion is equalvilent to y:7=5:3?
(a) y:3=5:7 (b) y:3=7.5 (c) 5:y=3:7 (d) 5:y=7:3

The Ratio of boys to girls in a school band is 4:3. There are 21 girls in the band. How many member does the band have?

The Perimeter of a rectangle is 360 centimeters. If the ratio of its length to its width is 11:4, find the dimensions of the rectangle.

happy said:
Another person with a laundry list! Did you even try these?

Yes oops I forgot to add what I did

For the Freddie problem I came up with 10,560 ft. 1 mile=5,280 ft

Nope. It should be 5,280/5= 1056. That's the amount of feet he runs per minute, so for 2 minutes it should be 2*1056= 2,112 ft

happy said:

Nope. It should be 5,280/5= 1056. That's the amount of feet he runs per minute, so for 2 minutes it should be 2*1056= 2,112 ft

Thank you very much, is there any possible way I could have help on the other ones. Thank you very much

rgeer said:
1) One bag of patatoes weighs 5 kilograms. Another bag weighs 4300 grams. The total weight of the two bags is:
No; "it" wants you to choose the correct answer.

All this is asking you to do is add the two weights (after converting them to the same unit, of course). Where are you stuck?

rgeer said:
2) Freddie can run a mile in 5 minutes. How many feet can he run in 2 minutes? I came up with 10,560 ft.
If it takes him five minutes to run 5280 feet, how did you get that he can run twice that distance in forty percent of the time? Aren't you supposed to be assuming the same rate of speed? Or is there more to this problem that haven't yet included?

rgeer said:
3) 3: x=2:3 solve for X
So you set up the proportion, cross-multiply, and divide off the 2. Where are you stuck?

rgeer said:
4) Which proportion is equalvilent to y:7=5:3?
So you get up the proportion, cross-multiply, and divide off the 3. Where are you stuck?

rgeer said:
5) The Ratio of boys to girls in a school band is 4:3. There are 21 girls in the band. How many member does the band have?
Of every seven, three are girls. How many sets of three do you have? So how many sets of seven do you have? So how many kids are there?

rgeer said:
6) The Perimeter of a rectangle is 360 centimeters. If the ratio of its length to its width is 11:4, find the dimensions of the rectangle.
What have you tried?

(I don't mean to be harsh, but my eight-year-old is doing problems just like (5) and (6), so I'm having trouble seeing why this is too hard for you even to show an attempt.)

Eliz.

stapel said:
rgeer said:
1) One bag of patatoes weighs 5 kilograms. Another bag weighs 4300 grams. The total weight of the two bags is:

All this is asking you to do is add the two weights (after converting them to the same unit, of course). Where are you stuck? Wait so I know 1 kilogram is 1,000 grams. So what should I do from there?

rgeer said:
2) Freddie can run a mile in 5 minutes. How many feet can he run in 2 minutes? I came up with 10,560 ft.
If it takes him five minutes to run 5280 feet, how did you get that he can run twice that distance in forty percent of the time? Aren't you supposed to be assuming the same rate of speed? Or is there more to this problem that haven't yet included? I understand this problem now.

rgeer said:
So you set up the proportion, cross-multiply, and divide off the 2. Where are you stuck?
Which proportion do you set up?

rgeer said:
So you get up the proportion, cross-multiply, and divide off the 3. Where are you stuck? I dont undestand what proportion to srt up

rgeer said:
5) The Ratio of boys to girls in a school band is 4:3. There are 21 girls in the band. How many member does the band have?
Of every seven, three are girls. How many sets of three do you have? So how many sets of seven do you have? So how many kids are there? 4 sets of 3 and 3 sets of seven. 33 kids all together

rgeer said:
6) The Perimeter of a rectangle is 360 centimeters. If the ratio of its length to its width is 11:4, find the dimensions of the rectangle.
What have you tried? I tried drawing the rectangle and trying to divide.

Eliz.

rgeer said:
stapel said:
rgeer said:

All this is asking you to do is add the two weights (after converting them to the same unit, of course). Where are you stuck? Wait so I know 1 kilogram is 1,000 grams. So what should I do from there?

rgeer said:
If it takes him five minutes to run 5280 feet, how did you get that he can run twice that distance in forty percent of the time? Aren't you supposed to be assuming the same rate of speed? Or is there more to this problem that haven't yet included? I understand this problem now.

rgeer said:

rgeer said:
So you get up the proportion, cross-multiply, and divide off the 3. Where are you stuck? I dont undestand what proportion to srt up

rgeer said:
Of every seven, three are girls. How many sets of three do you have? So how many sets of seven do you have? So how many kids are there? 4 sets of 3 and 3 sets of seven. 33 kids all together

rgeer said:

Eliz.

1)1 kilogram is 1,000 grams. So what should I do from there?
2)I understand this problem now.
3)Which proportion do you set up?
4)I dont undestand what proportion to setup
5)4 sets of 3 and 3 sets of seven. 33 kids all together
6)I tried drawing the rectangle and trying to divide.

Thanks again for everyones help and please respond

rgeer said:
rgeer said:
stapel said:
rgeer said:

rgeer said:

rgeer said:

rgeer said:

rgeer said:

rgeer said:

Eliz.

1)I understand this problem now
2)I understand this problem now.
3)Which proportion do you set up?
4)I dont undestand what proportion to setup
5)I undestand this problem now
6)I think its 11x+11X+4x+4x=360, then 30x/30=360/30 x=12 6 is the width, and 6 is the length