positive or negative

lily1118

sorry i forgot to mention.. i also forgot to do this.. how do in know when does the answer stays with a positive sigh or negative sigh.
ex: -26+10= the answer is 16 but why not -16...

when multiplying ar adding or subtracting. im soo lost in that...i'll really appreciate ur help.. thank
[/code]

really?

really?. and that answer is from the answer sheet on the website. that sux for me!. thanks. but ok, when i multiply , who keeps the sign, when i add, who keeps it. and divide and subtract?....

lily1118 said:
really?. and that answer is from the answer sheet on the website. that sux for me!. thanks. but ok, when i multiply , who keeps the sign, when i add, who keeps it. and divide and subtract?....
I'm sorry, but I can't make heads or tails of this...?

If you are seeking clear communication and explanation, it might help if you found somebody whose first language is English. He could translate whatever it is that you're saying into standard speech which the tutors could understand.

Thank you for your consideration.

Eliz.

how rude!

thanks amberlianne,thanks for your guidence.that exactly what i need it...unlike others who jumped on me like wild dogs for not being as smart as them.
i thought that was very rude, :evil: that i came here for help and i get kicked in the butt and get called stupid( between the lines)....

thanks amberlianne, i really appreciate ur kind help.... :lol:

You're welcome for the assistance.

Please remember that the people on this forum are trying to help you out, and none of this is personal -- the less chat lingo and slang you use, the easier it will be for people to figure out what you need help with without a lot of back-and-forth... which means you get your answer much sooner! :)

ok

i'm sorry.. you're right!.. thanks everybody for your help... i hope i pass the test.. i just haven't been in high school since 2001.. and i just forgot everthing and needed a little reminder... well bye. thank you

Re: how rude!

lily1118 said:
thanks amberlianne...for your guidence.that exactly what i need it...unlike others who jumped on me like wild dogs
Actually, the "others" provided you with the same information and advice. It is to be regretted that you were, for some reason, offended the first few times that this help was offered to you.

But I'm glad that you finally decided to listen, as listening is a big part of learning.

My best wishes to you.

Eliz.