Thread: "Expired page"

Elite Member

"Expired page"

Ted, after I make a post, if I hit the "Back" button, I get message: page has expired........

Is it just me?

EDIT (or proof!): after I submitted above, I hit the Back button, and got this:
    Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.
    To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.
    I'm just an imagination of your figment !

Re: "Expired page"

Quote Originally Posted by Denis
    Ted, after I make a post, if I hit the "Back" button, I get message: page has expired........

Is it just me?

EDIT (or proof!): after I submitted above, I hit the Back button, and got this:
    Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.
    To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.
    Can I make a recommendation? Download Firefox: it's a heck of a lot safer and is more standards compliant....I have not had a problem like you describe. Internet Explorer is just about the worst web browser you could possibly use
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Administrator

Yeah, this must be something that IE does. It's the equivalent of when Firefox says "This page was created using POST form data" or something like that... basically it's stopping you from submitting an online order twice or more by accident. Nothing I can do about it as far as I know.

Elite Member

In a related issue, I keep hitting the "Save" button. As this is NOT what I had in mind, I click "back" and lose whatever I was doing. Very irritating.

Does anyone actually use the "Save" button on purpose? For me, I'd be pleased to have it disappear and never return.

Administrator

Hmm.. that's probably a good idea. I tested out what you're talking about, and when I hit save and then said "no, I don't want to save" it returned me to the previous page with my text still there.

Elite Member

save test

Hey! That worked. I guess I can retrain.

Thanks for the tip. (I'd still be happier if it were gone.)