table of solutions

ebag69

I was given this problem y= -3x+2 and asked to make a table of solutions and obtain at least three( 3) sets of coorddenances how do i do this?

Select a value (any value) and assign it to x. Plug that value into the equation, and do the arithmetic and end up with a corresponding value of y. In other words you end up with a pair of values that satisfy the equation. For instance...

y= -3x+2

If I let x = 7, then y=-3(7)+2 which equals -21+2 which equals -19. My conclusion is "when x=7, y=-19. I can state that as the ordered pair (7,-19). You can do that with other values for x, then record them all in tabular form.

x | y
7 | -19
? | ?
? | ?
etc.

ebag69 said:
I was given this problem y= -3x+2 and asked to make a table of solutions and obtain at least three( 3) sets of coorddenances how do i do this?

I'll do another (similar) problem for you

y= -5x + 3 and asked to make a table of solutions and obtain at least three( 3) sets of coorddenances

Code:
x.......................y
0                       3             ( 0,  3)
1                      -2             ( 1, -2)
-1                      8             (-1,  8)

It's better to start with low values, Example : For x = 0 , what does y = ?? --- y = -3(0)+2 =2 . . . So (0,2) is a coordinate . You can choose any values for y and x .