most probable lottery combinations on a six numbered card.

sportsstar469

what would be an easy formula to find out what the most probable number combination would be for the 6 number lottery. you can choose six numbers in any order each number could be 1-59. i just wanted to buy a ticket and play smart although im not the greatest at math so i wanted to find a logical number sequence that ensures a greater chance at victory.

what would be an easy formula to find out what the most probable number combination would be for the 6 number lottery. you can choose six numbers in any order each number could be 1-59. i just wanted to buy a ticket and play smart although im not the greatest at math so i wanted to find a logical number sequence that ensures a greater chance at victory

The possible number of outcomes is

59x58x57x56x55x54 = 3.24 x 10^10 (about 32.4 billion)

All outcomes are equally likely. In other words, your chance of winning is less than 1 in 30 Billion for each 6 number bet you place.

wjm11 said:
what would be an easy formula to find out what the most probable number combination would be for the 6 number lottery. you can choose six numbers in any order each number could be 1-59. i just wanted to buy a ticket and play smart although im not the greatest at math so i wanted to find a logical number sequence that ensures a greater chance at victory

The possible number of outcomes is

59x58x57x56x55x54 = 3.24 x 10^10 (about 32.4 billion)

All outcomes are equally likely. In other words, your chance of winning is less than 1 in 30 Billion for each 6 number bet you place.
i meant the best likely sequence of numbers to pick. i understand that there is not a high odds that id win, but statistically picking certain numbers is better. some patterns appear more than others. i am kind of confused on why you multiplied those numbers.

sportsstar469 said:
… statistically[,] picking certain numbers is better …

Oh. You're a statistician now? 8-)

Don't believe everything you see or hear on the Internet!

Subhotosh tallied the number of possibilities using a basic rule of counting.

There are 59 numbered balls. This means that there are 59 possibilities for the first pick.

Once the first ball is drawn, there are 58 balls remaining for the next pick.

After the second ball is drawn, there are 57 balls remaining for the next pick.

After the third ball is drawn, there are 56 balls remaining for the next pick.

After the fourth ball is drawn, there are 55 balls remaining for the next pick.

After the fifth ball is drawn, there are 54 balls remaining for the final pick.

The counting rule tells us to multiply these numbers together, to get the total number of possible outcomes.

Let's say that the very first ball drawn is #1. Now, you might think that drawing #2 next is not as likely as drawing any other ball, but that's simply not true (if the game is fair). The #2 ball is flying around with all of the other 57 balls; it's just as likely to be drawn as any other.

PS: Invest your money in an FDIC-insured CD, instead.

6number lotteries are taxes on dummies!

However, I enjoyed your link; there was a clickon called "see Olivia Munn in a bikini" :idea: