[SPLIT] The supplement of a angle is 60 degrees less than twice

ib1995

Can someone please help me on a question, i've been working on it for hours and can't figure it out.

1.The supplement of a angle is 60 degrees less than twice teh supplement of the complement of the angle. Find the measure of the complement.

2.For which acute angle is teh following statement true? The complement of the angle is smaller in measure than either of the two angles into which teh bisector divides teh acute angle. There are no pictures that go with this question.

3. Suppose teh bisector of an anle divides teh angle into two angles, each of which has a measure 15 degrees less than the complement of an angle. What is the measure of the original angle?

4. Five times the complement of an angle less twice teh angle's supplement is 40 degrees. Find the measure of teh supplement.

IF you know the answer than please help, and explain how you did it. If i don't get these question right then i will fail, so pleassssssssse help.

Re: Geometry Homework

ib1995 said:
Can someone please help me on a question, i've been working on it for hours and can't figure it out.

1.The supplement of a angle is 60 degrees less than twice teh supplement of the complement of the angle. Find the measure of the complement.

2.For which acute angle is teh following statement true? The complement of the angle is smaller in measure than either of the two angles into which teh bisector divides teh acute angle. There are no pictures that go with this question.

3. Suppose teh bisector of an anle divides teh angle into two angles, each of which has a measure 15 degrees less than the complement of an angle. What is the measure of the original angle?

4. Five times the complement of an angle less twice teh angle's supplement is 40 degrees. Find the measure of teh supplement.

IF you know the answer than please help, and explain how you did it. If i don't get these question right then i will fail, so pleassssssssse help.

Please start a new thread with new problems.

Please show your work, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we know where to begin to help you.