plz help me with these questions?

merve

Q 1 : A car rental agency rents 210 cars per day at a rate of 32 dollars per day. For each 1 dollar increase in the daily rate, 5 fewer cars are rented. At what rate should the cars be rented to produce the maximum income, and what is the maximum income?

rate? ______ maximum income? ______

Q 2 : A box is to be made out of a 12 cm by 16 cm piece of cardboard. Squares of side length x cm will be cut out of each corner, and then the ends and sides will be folded up to form a box with an open top.

Find the length L, width W, and height H of the resulting box that maximizes the volume. (Assume that W \leq L).
L=? ______ cm
W=? ______ cm
H=? _______ cm

The maximum volume of the box is ___________ cm^3

merve said:
Q 1 : A car rental agency rents 210 cars per day at a rate of 32 dollars per day. For each 1 dollar increase in the daily rate, 5 fewer cars are rented. At what rate should the cars be rented to produce the maximum income, and what is the maximum income?

Write the function to describe income
Suppose the rate is 32+n dollars

then theincome I = (210-5*n)(32+n)

Find the maximum value of I

rate? ______ maximum income? ______

Q 2 : A box is to be made out of a 12 cm by 16 cm piece of cardboard. Squares of side length x cm will be cut out of each corner, and then the ends and sides will be folded up to form a box with an open top.

Find the length L, width W, and height H of the resulting box that maximizes the volume. (Assume that W \leq L).
L=? ______ cm
W=? ______ cm
H=? _______ cm

Length of the box = 16 - 2*x

Width of the box = 12 - 2*x

Height of the box = x

Now find the volume function and maximize it

The maximum volume of the box is ___________ cm^3