Maths difficulties.Badly and desperately need help.

Asad Abbas

I have to give an entrance exam in 2 days so I have to learn a few new things in math.Please don't explain them in a hard way because I am in grade 7.I know its alot but please help me!I need help.I tried to search some of it on google but I got it in a very complicated way.Please show me examples for each one of them.I desperately need help.Please just answer as much of it as you can.

1.I have no idea what sets are.Basic ideas,large sets,equal sets,empty sets,subsets,venn diagrams,intersection sets and disjoint sets.Can you please help me through all this.Please show me an example too.

2.What are bisecting sides and angles?

3.What is a square compound figure and how do you find its perimeter?

4.How to find volume of cubes and cuboids?

5.What is direct and inverse proportion?

6.How to find average speed?

7.What is changing units of cm2-mm2,m2-cm2,cm2-m2?I know what changing units are.What do the 2's stand for?Also conversion of mm.3-cm.3 etc.What do the 3's stand for?

8.How do you find the perimeter of a semicircle and quadrant.What is a simple figure relating this?

I know it's alot but I desperately need your help. :( :?

You're asking for a classroom session; not done here.

Actually, you are asking for full courses, no single class room session could begin to cover all this. Moreover, I truly doubt that most students (in the US at least) could answer all of those questions in the 7th grade.

I will say that many of the questions you are asking seem to be definitional: what is the quadrant of a circle, what is a set. A quadrant of a circle is one fourth of the circle. A set is a collection of elements. The intersection of two sets are the elements that the two sets have in common. A lot of the definitions will not make sense without a whole bunch of examples.

It appears to me that the entrance exam is designed to find out what you already know. I suggest you cannot cram into two days a whole math education. Calm down, take the test, and find out where you belong in math. It will do you no good at all to get into a class that you are not prepared for because math is cumulative: it builds on what you learned before to learn something new.

I know it's alot.Ok I'll try my best.Can you just help me in question 1,3 and 5 .Please.Thanks for the advice too.Just explain me one in the easiest way.

Asad Abbas said:
I have to give an entrance exam in 2 days so I have to learn a few new things in math.Please don't explain them in a hard way because I am in grade 7.I know its alot but please help me!I need help.I tried to search some of it on google but I got it in a very complicated way.Please show me examples for each one of them.I desperately need help.Please just answer as much of it as you can.

1.I have no idea what sets are.Basic ideas,large sets,equal sets,empty sets,subsets,venn diagrams,intersection sets and disjoint sets.Can you please help me through all this.Please show me an example too.

A set is a collection of elements. Two sets are equal if they have the same elements. An empty set has no elements. The set A is a subset of the set B if every element of A is also an element of B. The intersection of sets A and B is the set C that contains all the elements that are common to both A and B. Disjoint sets have no element in common: their intersection is the empty set. Venn diagrams are graphic representations of sets.

2.What are bisecting sides and angles?

To bisect a line is to cut it in half. To bisect an angle is cut it in half. Sorry, that is all I have time for. I have an appointment.

3.What is a square compound figure and how do you find its perimeter?

A square compound figure is a figure that can be made by putting unit squares together so that each unit square has at least one side in common with another unit square.
The perimeter is the product of the length of the side of one unit square and the number of unit square sides that are not common to more than one unit square.

4.How to find volume of cubes and cuboids?

5.What is direct and inverse proportion?

Wikipedia has an article on proportionality that is better than anything I might write.

6.How to find average speed?

7.What is changing units of cm2-mm2,m2-cm2,cm2-m2?I know what changing units are.What do the 2's stand for?Also conversion of mm.3-cm.3 etc.What do the 3's stand for?

8.How do you find the perimeter of a semicircle and quadrant.What is a simple figure relating this?

As I said before, this is a lot more than you can learn in a day or two. Review what you know, and do not worry about what you do not know yet.