Thread: Posting answers

Posting answers

Moderators

Just a question about questions really. If I post a question, and get a reply, which helps me figure out the answer, do you want me to post my final answer so the thread is complete? Is this what is usually done?

Thanks

Elite Member
    It is not what is usually done, but the feedback would be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by willmoore21 View Post

If I get a reply, which helps me figure out the answer, do you want me to post my final answer so the thread is complete?
    I think that is a nice idea, regardless of any replies or how you figured out the answer, because some future readers will like to see your result(s).

Also, all instances of posters' work or reasoning provide opportunities for "fine tuning" (eg: pointers, tips, technicalities, shortcuts).

Of course, posters are not obligated to "conclude" any threads. Your choice. Cheers

Occasionally the author of a question has been told the answer, but cannot discover how the teacher got it. -- Be sure to share that!

Any hints or answers given, should be posted with a request for help. The respondent will better understand how to help.
    "What happens in the event horizon, stays in the event horizon" -- Bob Brown (grandpa Bob)