Welcome to the NEW FreeMathHelp.com Forum!
If you've been here before, you'll notice things have changed! First things first:
Because of different algorithms used by the new software and the one-way nature of password encryption, your passwords were not transferred to the new system. You will need to reset your password from the login page.
Here's a few things that will be new here:
So, please reply to this message with ANY bugs, features that are missing as compared to the old version, questions on how to do something, etc.
- Fancy HTML WYSIWYG post editor -- when you start a thread or post a reply, you'll have a lot of formatting options available, and you'll be able to see their effects as you type.
- Better LaTeX editor for math equations -- For now it will work about the same. Enclose your latex commands within tex codes like so:[ tex]x^2[ /tex] (without the extra space before the word tex and /tex.). But, very soon there will be a built-in math editor for those unfamiliar with latex coding.
- Better spam proofing. The system will compare usernames, emails, and IP addresses to a worldwide, constantly updated black list.
- Friendlier interface for browsing the forums.
- Certain future add-ons I have planned and will implement one-by-one as we get rolling.
If you are having trouble resetting your password -- obviously you won't be able to post about it here, so please email me directly at email@example.com.
When I click a username and select 'View Forum Posts', I always get 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms'.
Edit: I've tried a few searches for posts, using different links. No matches found. Perhaps, these search features are not retroactive.
Last edited by mmm4444bot; 08-04-2011 at 03:28 AM.
I had trouble resetting my password, but I got it. This new skin should eliminate the insidious spamming.
I need to rebuild the search cache because it only updates when new posts are made and doesn't know about the older ones. Give it 30 minutes or so to complete. Thx.
Originally Posted by mmm4444bot
Smilies seem mostly broken, as seen in the menu box below.
Hmmm. This image did not attach at full size. That's not good, either.
Thanks, Ted, for the assistance in getting my password re-registered! I like the new look!
I am new to this forum and it seems a nice place to solve my querries.