Could someone please help solve this?

cynonamu

Determine if the given ordered triple is a solution of the system:(4,-1,-3)
x+3y+3z=-8
2y+4z=-14
z=-3

This is a simple substitution problem. You MUST be able to do this or you MUST get out of this class. Seriously.

Is z = -3. Substitute the given value for z and check. -3 = -3. Yes. Now check the other two.

I thought it was a matter of tuitoring and that why I asked for help, I did not expect such a stupid answer!! All people can not be the same and that is why we have smart and non smart. I didnot ask you to tell me what to do about my class, I asked how to solve the problem and if you don't know the meaning of tuitoring, then you are at the wrong place!!!!

Perhaps you have not yet learned the definition of "ordered triple".

When three numbers are listed inside a set of parentheses, separated by commas, then these numbers denote the coordinates of a point in a three-dimensional coordinate system.

EGs

(x, y, z)

(-1, 2, 7) denotes the point where x = -1, y = 2, z = 7.

(5/3, Pi, sqrt[41]) denotes the point where x = 5/3, y = Pi, z = sqrt[41]

et cetera

In your exercise, (4,-1,-3) denotes such a point.

To "satisfy" an equation means that substituting the given coordinates leads to a true statement of equality.

Substitute each given value for x, y, and z into each equation, and confirm that they lead to all true statements.

If they do, then the ordered triple is a solution of the given system of three equations; otherwise, it is not.