what is the amount of x/2r

abtia

Hello everyone,
Please solve the following QS:
in the following image EC=FC=DF and ABCD is the squar,
and we have AB=AD=BC=DC=x, (X is parameter)
so please say that what is the amount of x/2r ?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 1.png
    1.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Actually I dont know how to start and solve it???

If you cannot even start a problem of geometry - why are you in this class?

Last edited by a moderator:
I addition what is \(\displaystyle r\) supposed to be?

I think you did not read my explanation carefuly because I explain that AB=BC=DC=AD=X
Furthurmore there are many people in this website that solve problems even those which are too basic without directing them to the classroom help so if sending me to classroom is the only solution that you know please let other who are more generous to solve my problem ???

I addition what is \(\displaystyle r\) supposed to be?

You know I thought that in this website there is another category for questions like this and I asked to know and ask that QS in those category. that is all.Did I answer your QS correctly?

Last edited:
I think you did not read my explanation carefuly because I explain that AB=BC=DC=AD=X
Please answer my question.
What is \(\displaystyle r\) suppose to be?
What does it stand for?

I do not understand exactly what you mean but:
I stands for me:The person who asked this question

Do you have problems with the English language?

YOU posted: what is the amount of x/r ?

We are asking you what the "r" means.

You reply the "r" is YOU!
Are you joking around?

No come one at first I think it was I and when I considered it while ago it seems to be r . Maybe it was my sight's mistake:
By the way the r is D/2
=Diameter/2
if you have any other question please ask because I really need help???

Last edited:
As I mentioned r is radius of the circle.Nobody can help???

You need to help yourself and show some initiative and show us your attempts/thoughts regarding this problem..

6 problems ... and not single line of original work from you......

You know I thought a lot about this problem for example I tried to use this rule:A^2=B^2+C^2 in the triangle of FEC but I could not relate it to the Radius because the circle has just two sharing point with squar maybe if it was three it was very easier to solve the problem.So as you can see I thought about it but I could not get good clue to express...

What else did you think of?

Did you try to join the center to the tangent points? - Does it provide any insight? What must be those angles?

Try joining the corners of the rectangle to the center of the circle - does it give you any insight from common-tangent theorem?

First ,Thanks to Subhotosh Khan to his guidance but again I had some problem in solving it...
then thanks to you Denis and I think it is a very good deal :

1) FE^2=x^2/4+x^2/4 => FE=√2*x/2

2) AC^2=x^2+x^2 => AC=√2x

Maybe I should wait for the next cricket and hockey game...;)

Last edited:
Thanks to you my friends who participated in this post,especially Subhotosh Khan and Denis because of taking my hands and helping me to solve this QS step by step,
I have learnt a lot from this post,
From now on I am anticipating for cricket and hockey games because it has been proved in this site that they are interelated to math:p

Last edited: