just don"t know where to start

nlarissa

I am preparing for TEAS, trying to recall many things from math, and don't have any math book at home to review (45 years old). This is my first time using this site.

"If Sam can do a job in 4 days that Lisa can do in 6 days and Tom can do in 2 days, how long would the job take if Sam, Lisa, and Tom worked together to complete it? "

This is a problem I just don't know how to start. If somebody can explain, I would appreciate. Thank you.

I am preparing for TEAS, trying to recall many things from math, and don't have any math book at home to review (45 years old). This is my first time using this site.

"If Sam can do a job in 4 days that Lisa can do in 6 days and Tom can do in 2 days, how long would the job take if Sam, Lisa, and Tom worked together to complete it? "

This is a problem I just don't know how to start. If somebody can explain, I would appreciate. Thank you.

First find

what FRACTION of the job EACH can accomplish in one unit of time (1 day for this problem)?

Then, working together, in one day - they will finish what fraction of the job?

Then, working together, how many units of time (days for this problem) - they will require to finish the job?

Please share your work with us, indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.