Thread: Please help: My Concept on following are not clear

Exclamation Please help: My Concept on following are not clear

1. Kc = 4 √(4s+1)
    What is the domain of the function defined by this equation? what restrictions do nature put on S?

2. Write the equation of the line passing through (-1, 1) with undefined slope.

3. The percentage P of high school seniors who have tried cigarettes can be described by:
    P= 75.4509 0.706948t
    Where t is the number of years past 1975.

a. Write a sentence which interprets slope
    b. Here, what does P-intercept means?
    c. What is the annual rate of change of percent?

Quote Originally Posted by itsnayyer View Post
    1. Kc = 4 √(4s+1)
    What is the domain of the function defined by this equation? what restrictions do nature put on S?

2. Write the equation of the line passing through (-1, 1) with undefined slope.

3. The percentage P of high school seniors who have tried cigarettes can be described by:
    P= 75.4509 0.706948t
    Where t is the number of years past 1975.

a. Write a sentence which interprets slope
    b. Here, what does P-intercept means?
    c. What is the annual rate of change of percent?
    1. What can't you have underneath the square root sign? Start with finding the domain of: [tex]\sqrt{x}[/tex] and apply this to your problem.

2. Slope is rise/run or [tex]\frac{\bigtriangleup y}{\bigtriangleup x}[/tex]. that is change in y over change in x. For this to be undefined [tex]\bigtriangleup x[/tex] must be zero. And if you have no change in x then you get a ________ line. Therefore the line passing through (-1,1) which has an undefind slope is _=__

3.(a) Notice you have an equation in the form f(x)=y=mx+b. In this form 'm' is the slope. Relate this to your problem.
    (b) How can you get the P intercept in your equation. What does t equal when this occurs? What does t mean?......
    (c) annual rate of change is, for example, going from year one to year two, or year 34 to year 35. Find the change in P. [tex]\bigtriangleup P = P_{final} - P_{initial}[/tex]

Furthermore, you really should post your work so we can see where you are stuck. Most of the time you will not receive help if you do not.
    I am not more gifted than anybody else. I am just more curious than the average person and I will not give up a problem until I have found the proper solution. -Albert Einstein