Functions and Inequalities.........URGENT NEED MUCH HELP.

katzmuzik26

:confused:
:mad:
:(
OK, so I'm new to this whole thing, so I thought I might as well ask a question as to what functions are. I've got a TEST tomorrow, and I don't understand the material. I get the basic concept, and I used this site to help me (and it did... a lot) BUT any extra pointers would be appreciated. Another thing, is, there are these graphs that are shaded up or down from a line and the answer to solving one of those would be 1<x<3 ????? I think. ????????? Really don't get those. Those are inequalities by the way. And, if I were to graph a function, or find something like this for example: y=f(x), find f(3), how would I do that? AND..... how would I find the domain and range on a graph???????????
Thanks for any help you can give me!

:confused:
:mad:
:(
OK, so I'm new to this whole thing, so I thought I might as well ask a question as to what functions are. I've got a TEST tomorrow, and I don't understand the material. I get the basic concept, and I used this site to help me (and it did... a lot) BUT any extra pointers would be appreciated. Another thing, is, there are these graphs that are shaded up or down from a line and the answer to solving one of those would be 1<x<3 ????? I think. ????????? Really don't get those. Those are inequalities by the way. And, if I were to graph a function, or find something like this for example: y=f(x), find f(3), how would I do that? AND..... how would I find the domain and range on a graph???????????

I would like to help you, but I cannot read any of that.
Why to you use those stupid smiles and curtsy fonts?
Maybe you do not understand the material because you are not taking this seriously. Do you?

Last edited:
Oh....

I used those emoticons to show I was angry, frustrated, and sad. I really do take this stuff seriously, that's the reason I asked for help.

Here it is in a normal font

I used those emoticons to show I was angry, frustrated, and sad. I really do take this stuff seriously, that's the reason I asked for help.
Fair enough! Then repost the question in a readable form.

here it is in a more readable form

Here it is in a normal font