i need help on my math homework and im in 7th grade math, middle school 7th grade

mkala12345

hi i need help on my math. im in 7th grade math and my problem is that i have a work sheet and the question is - " the brains answered a 150-point question incorrectly,a 200-point question correctly,and a 50-point question incorrectly. their final score was 0 points." Now the directions are telling me to give the point value of the fifth question and tell whether the team answered it correctly. CAN U HELP ME? :?:

help me with my second word problem plzzzz............. H.E.L.P M.E.....

the mega brains answered a 150 point question answered correctly, a 100 point question correctly, a 100 point question incorrectly,and a 250 point question correctly. ther final score was 150. plzzz help me on finding the point value of the fifth question and tell whether the team answered it correctly.

the mega brains answered a 150 point question answered correctly, a 100 point question correctly, a 100 point question incorrectly,and a 250 point question correctly. ther final score was 150. plzzz help me on finding the point value of the fifth question and tell whether the team answered it correctly.
What was their score on the first four questions? It SEEMS a bit ambiguous, does it not? Do they get 0 when they answer incorrectly or does the score for an incorrect answer to a question result in a subtraction from the total? Even if the question does not explicitly specify the scoring system (which would make it a tough question for pre-algebra), you can figure out the answer to that preliminary question. Once you do, the answer to the problem should be easy.

let's see what you can do.

" the brains answered a 150-point question incorrectly,a 200-point question correctly,and a 50-point question incorrectly. their final score was 0 points. [G]ive the point value of the fifth question and tell whether the team answered it correctly.

Since you are given values for three questions and the final score, I see no way to determine the value of just the fifth question.

I'm guessing that this is a typo. Please consult with your instructor. Thank you! :wink:

If we assume, because you did not say, that the final score is the unweighted average of the five scores, and assume that a person must get either all of the score or nothing, then we could say, letting x be the fifth score, that (150+ 100+ 0+ 250+ x)/150= (450+ x)/150= 150. Solve that equation for x.