calculus

swgath55

20130809_173622.jpg

i missed my integration lectures and my sir has given me a homework.please help me in solving the evaluate question q16 i.e from a to o

Last edited:
View attachment 3085

i missed my integration lectures and my sir has given me a homework.please help me in solving the evaluate question q16 i.e from a to o

Do you have a textbook? If you don't

for a starter go to:

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Angelaruth49/Calculus2.html#links

Please share your work with us.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (e.g. "are these correct?")

View attachment 3085

Can you:

1) Go to his office hours and have him explain?
2) Look in your textbook for how to evaluate integrals?
3) Ask a friend in the class to help? (Yes, we can help, but a friend is instantaneous in his helping of you)
4) Google?

I can give you the basic integral that you need to help with all these integrals except the Trig ones. (try one of my suggestions above to figure out the trig integrals :))

\(\displaystyle \int{x^ndx}=\dfrac{x^{n+1}}{n+1}+C\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{a. }\, \int\, (x\, -\, 1)\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{b. }\, \int\, (5\, -\, 6x)\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{c. }\, \int\, (2x^3\, -\, 5x\, +\, 7)\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{d. }\, \int\, \left(\dfrac{1}{x}\, -\, x^2\, -\, \dfrac{1}{3}\right)\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{e. }\, \int\, x^{\frac{1}{3}}\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{f. }\, \int\, \left(\sqrt{x}\, -\, \sqrt[3]{x}\right)\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{g. }\, \int\, \left(\dfrac{1}{7}\, -\, \dfrac{1}{y^{5/4}}\right)\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{h. }\, \int\, \left(2x(1\, -\, x^{-3}\right)\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{i. }\, \int\, \left(\dfrac{t\sqrt{t}\, +\, \sqrt{t}}{t^2}\right)\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{j. }\, \int\, \dfrac{4\, +\, \sqrt{t}}{t^3}\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{k. }\, \int\, \left(-2 \cos(t)\right)\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{l. }\, \int\, \left(-5 \sin(t)\right)\, dx\)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{m. }\, \int\, 7 \sin\left(\dfrac{\theta}{3}\right)\, d\theta \)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{n. }\, \int\, 3\cos\left(5\theta \right)\, d\theta \)

\(\displaystyle \mbox{o. }\, \int\, \left(-3\csc^2 (x)\right)\, dx\)
i missed my integration lectures....
Based on the content of the exercises, you've missed two to four weeks of class. Obviously, there is no way that one forum reply containing hints for representative examples has zero chance of teaching you the missing weeks' content.

Your best bet would be to work with a qualified local tutor. By working with you face-to-face, he can help you study your text's lessons and help you get caught up to your class. I would suggest setting aside at least an hour or two a day, every day, for intensive private instruction. With luck and a lot of hard work, you may be able to get caught up in only a couple weeks.

If you prefer to attempt online review, you might find Paul's Online Math Notes useful. Good luck! ;)

Note: Exercise (h) has an unmatched grouping symbol. After you have learned some basics of integration, if you still have issues, please reply with corrections of that exercise statement. Thank you!