Which system of equations is represented by the graph?

angustheboss

Hey I need help with this question.

Which system of equations is represented by the graph:

(attached)
Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 8.17.14 AM.jpg
Answer options are:

a) y = x^2 -5x – 3
6x- y = -27
b) y = x^2 -5x +3
6x – y = 27
c) y = x^2 +5x+3
6x + y = -27
d) y= x^2 +5x – 3
6x + y = 27

Thanks in Advance

Hey I need help with this question.

Which system of equations is represented by the graph:

(attached)
View attachment 3257
Answer options are:

a) y = x^2 -5x – 3
6x- y = -27
b) y = x^2 -5x +3
6x – y = 27
c) y = x^2 +5x+3
6x + y = -27
d) y= x^2 +5x – 3
6x + y = 27

Thanks in Advance

Like your previous problems:

Check the intercepts

Check the slopes

Please share your work with us .

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions e.g. define angles of depression.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

For the straight lines, it should be easy to determine the equation. That should reduce the number of possible answers by half. For the curves, identify a few points and see which equations are satisfied by those points.

The equation should turn out along the lines of mx + b right? how come then what i get is nothing like any of the answers?

The equation should turn out along the lines of mx + b right? how come then what i get is nothing like any of the answers?
To learn how to solve linear equations for "y=", try here. The process for solving quadratic equations is the same.

To learn how to find straight-line equations from points on a graph, try here. To learn how slope and y-intercepts relate to graphing, try here.

To learn how to find quadratic equations from their graphs, try here.

Once you have studied at least two lessons from each link, please attempt the exercise. If you get stuck, you will then be able to reply with a clear listing of your thinking and efforts so far. Thank you! ;)