I really need help with these two trigonemtry questions..? Grade 12 math

lunareclipze

This is a major assignment and I don't understand exactly what I have to do for either of these questions

Ex: 1
From a window of one building, the angle of elevation to the top of another building is 38 degrees and the angle of depression to the base of the building is 49 degrees. Determine the distance between the buildings if the second building is 145m tall.

I know it's a right triangle SOH-CAH-TOA problem and what the angle of elevation/depression is, but I don't know how to set up the buildings..

Ex: 2

A farmer has a field in the shape of a triangle. From one vertex, it is 435m to the second vertex to the third vertex. The angle between the lines of sight to the second and third is 49 degrees. Calculate the perimeter of the field.

Where does the angle go? I think it's a sine law question, but I'm unsure of what vertex means.. does it mean side of the triangle?

Please help.. I'm really lost and this is overdue

Ex: 1: From a window of one building, the angle of elevation to the top of another building is 38 degrees and the angle of depression to the base of the building is 49 degrees. Determine the distance between the buildings if the second building is 145m tall.

...I don't know how to set up the buildings.
Draw a rectangle, taller than it is wide, for one of the buildings. From the base, draw a horizontal line a few centimeters to the right. Draw another rectangle, this one taller than the first. Along its right-hand side, label the height of the second rectangle as "145".

From somewhere in the middle of the first (left-hand) rectangle (call it Point A), draw a horizontal line to the right, meeting the side of the second (right-hand) rectangle (at a point we'll call Point B). Draw another line from Point A to the upper left-hand corner of the second rectangle. Label the angle between these two lines as "38". Draw a third line from Point A to the lower left-hand corner of the second rectangle. Label the new angle as "49".

Label the left-hand side of the second rectangle as "x" and "y", being the portions of the height which are above and below Point B.

Work with the two right triangles.

From one vertex, it is 435m to the second vertex to the third vertex.
This (quoted) sentence doesn't make sense, I think. Please recheck. Thank you! ;)