Fractions

Njabs

You need 3/4 of an apple for one tart. You want to make 20 tarts. how many apples do you need?

Kindly assist friends, I am not sure of the operation I first used. I started by multiplication, and then did division. Thank you for your time, friends!

You need 3/4 of an apple for one tart. You want to make 20 tarts. how many apples do you need?

Kindly assist friends, I am not sure of the operation I first used. I started by multiplication, and then did division. Thank you for your time, friends!
If you make one tart, how many apples do you need?

If you make two tarts, how many apples do you need? What operation did you use to find the number of apples?

If you make three tarts, how many apples do you need? What operation did you use to find the number of apples?

If you make four tarts, how many apples do you need? What operation did you use to find the number of apples?

What pattern do you see? ;)

Wow!

Hi staple

Amazing, your response was like a light bulb, thank you so much! I was not aware of that pattern!! You're a STAR!!!

If you make one tart, how many apples do you need?

If you make two tarts, how many apples do you need? What operation did you use to find the number of apples?

If you make three tarts, how many apples do you need? What operation did you use to find the number of apples?

If you make four tarts, how many apples do you need? What operation did you use to find the number of apples?

What pattern do you see? ;)
Maybe I'm just too hammered right now but my beer goggles are telling me a different pattern somehow. Shouldn't 15 apples be enough or does a tart need to have an intact 3/4 of an apple? Got to go; just about to pass out. Nighty night you all.

Maybe I'm just too hammered right now but my beer goggles are telling me a different pattern somehow. Shouldn't 15 apples be enough or does a tart need to have an intact 3/4 of an apple? Got to go; just about to pass out. Nighty night you all.
What "different pattern" are you talking about? One tart requires 3/4 apple, two tarts requires 2(3/4)= 3/2 apples, 3 tarts requires 3(3/4)= 9/4 apples, ... until 20 tarts requires 20(3/4)= 15 apples, as you say. That was stapel's point.

Do multiplication first 20* 3/4.