how to calcaute ?

ritva_1950

1. maybe you can help me with that problem
    i dont understand problem 6 maybe you can show me?

4. Use your answers from questions 1 and 2 to calculate equilibrium constants (K) for reaction (1) at the garnet core and rim:
    GARB: pyrope + annite = almandine + phlogopite (1)

Garnet core
Garnet rim

1. Feedback: /2 credits

5. Use your answers from questions 1 and 3 to calculate equilibrium constants (K) for the reaction (2) at the garnet core and rim:
    GASP: grossular + kyanite + 2 quartz = 3 anorthite (2)

Garnet core
Garnet rim

6. Use the following geothermometer (GARB) and geobarometer (GASP) to calculatethe pressure (P, units: MPa) and temperature (T, units: °C) recorded byreactions (1) and (2) at the garnet core and rim. This question can be answerednumerically, but is most easily answered graphically. Show your working.

T_GARB=(52090+2.494P)/(19.506-8.3144ln(K_GARB ) )-273

T_GASP=(-48357-66.08P)/(-150.66-8.3144ln(K_GASP ) )-273

1. maybe you can help me with that problem

Which problem is that problem? I see that you typed 1.

Is problem #1 what you're talking about?

i dont understand problem 6

I don't understand why you posted #4 and #5. Are they part of the problem you're trying to ask about?

6. Use the following geothermometer (GARB) and geobarometer (GASP) to calculatethe pressure (P, units: MPa) and temperature (T, units: °C) recorded byreactions (1) and (2) at the garnet core and rim. This question can be answerednumerically, but is most easily answered graphically. Show your working.

T_GARB=(52090+2.494P)/(19.506-8.3144ln(K_GARB ) )-273

T_GASP=(-48357-66.08P)/(-150.66-8.3144ln(K_GASP ) )-273

What do the following expressions represent?

T_GARB
T_GASP
K_GARB
K_GASP

Are these numbers?

If these expressions represent numbers, then you have two equations and five unknowns. That's not enough information to find T_GARB, T_GASP, and P.

:?

Please read the forum guidelines, before you reply. You can start with this link to the summary page.

Which problem is that problem? I see that you typed 1.

Is problem #1 what you're talking about?

i has problem with 6, man :D

I don't understand why you posted #4 and #5. Are they part of the problem you're trying to ask about?

yes they has relationship with 6, becouse 4 and 5 is the K_GARB
K_GASP

What do the following expressions represent?

T_GARB
T_GASP
K_GARB
K_GASP

Are these numbers?

If these expressions represent numbers, then you have two equations and five unknowns. That's not enough information to find T_GARB, T_GASP, and P.

:?

Please read the forum guidelines, before you reply. You can start with this link to the summary page.

i had read it now, and excouse me it should be soo

1. Use your answers from questions 1 and 2 to calculate equilibrium constants (K) for reaction (1) at the garnet core and rim:
    GARB: pyrope + annite = almandine + phlogopite (1)

Garnet core
Garnet rim
k garb=

1. Feedback: /2 credits

5. Use your answers from questions 1 and 3 to calculate equilibrium constants (K) for the reaction (2) at the garnet core and rim:
    GASP: grossular + kyanite + 2 quartz = 3 anorthite (2)

Garnet core
Garnet rim
k gasp 34892,05

Last edited:
I've never studied geology, but it still seems like you have too many variables.

The question asks for T and P.

The equations seem to show two temperatures (T_GARB and T_GASP). There is no T in either equation; I don't know how T is related to T_GARB and T_GASP.

Additionally, the data come from the core and the rim; that is, I see two values of ln(K_GASP) and two values of ln(K_GARB).

Perhaps, a geology forum would provide better help sooner?