Exponential equation with base change.

jmp4k3

Hello. I'm currently working on my college algebra homework, and I'm not too sure how to proceed with the problem I currently have. The problem is 5=62/5+6e-r
I know that you have to take the natural log of both sides, but I'm unsure of how to get the e-r isolated so I can take the ln of both sides. Any help and explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm not too sure how to proceed with the problem I currently have. The problem is 5=62/5+6-r
As currently formatted, the equation is as follows:

. . . . .\(\displaystyle 5\, =\, \dfrac{62}{5}\, +\, 6e^{-r}\)

Was this what you meant? (If not, kindly please review this article on typing out math and reply with corrections.)

I know that you have to take the natural log of both sides, but I'm unsure of how to get the e-r isolated so I can take the ln of both sides.
To rearrange the equation to isolate the one term, use the same techniques you learned back in beginning algebra for solving linear equations and for solving literal equations. (The specific steps, of course, will depend on what you mean the equation to be.)

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your efforts so far. Thank you! ;)