how to solve this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganesh Ujwal

The parabolic arc y=√x, 1≤ x≤ 2 is revolved around the x-axis, the volume of the solid of revolution is:
A) π/4
B) π/2
C) 3 π/4
D) 3 π/2
EXPLAIN procedure also.

The parabolic arc y=√x, 1≤ x≤ 2 is revolved around the x-axis, the volume of the solid of revolution is:
A) π/4
B) π/2
C) 3 π/4
D) 3 π/2
EXPLAIN procedure also.
When you say that you need an explanation, are you saying that you need lesson instruction in this topic? If so, then please start here. ;)

i know u r trying to help me, but it seems question is more complicated to u,
anyway i have uploaded my answer which was provide by unknown forum site.
thx for ur valuable reply.:D
pls at least explain the graph which i have uploaded.

Attachments

• ppp.JPG
    ppp.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 34
  • ppp1.JPG
    ppp1.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
I am puzzled as to why you would want someone else to do this problem for you. You won't learn mathematics that way and I assume this is for some course. Aren't you concerned about learning the material and, perhaps, passing the test? If you submit homework done by someone else, all you will do is fool the teacher into thinking you have already learned this material and so need no more instruction. What is the point of taking the course at all?

i know u r trying to help me, but it seems question is more complicated to u,
anyway i have uploaded my answer which was provide by unknown forum site.
thx for ur valuable reply.:D
pls at least explain the graph which i have uploaded.

The answer has been developed from a well known method - "Disk method". What do you know about this method?

Pease do not use SMS english in this forum - most of us do not understand it. If you do not have enough time or patience to use standard english - please do not expect us to invest time to decipher cryptic messages.

actually i want you to answer this question immediately,
but you are asking some work, sorry i am busy, that,s why i created account here & asking my doubt
asking doubt & expecting answers is wrong in here?

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with posting a "doubt" and asking questions. However, as you should have seen when you read the thread "Read Before Posting", you cannot expect people to simply solve problems for you. Post what you do understand about a problem and what you have tried so people will know what kind of hints and suggestions will help you.

There are several different ways to do a problem like this. Personally, I would use the "disk method", thinking of each "slice" perpendicular to the x-axis as forming a disk with radius y as it was rotated around the x-axis. Do you know what the "disk method" is?

Last edited:
i[sic] know u[sic] r[sic] trying to help me, but it seems question[sic] is more complicated to u[sic]

I requested that you please clarify your original post, specifying what your meaning was. Asking you to make yourself clear in no way implies that we don't understand the mathematics. We understood the math just fine; we just didn't understand you.

But now we do understand you: You're somebody who treats others with much less respect than he demands for himself, someone who expects others to do all of his work for him.

Thank you for un-"complicating" that for us "dummies". :shock:

actually i want you to answer this question immediately,

and would you want fries with that?

but you are asking some work,

sorry i am busy,

And we have nothing else to do but serve you immediately...

that,s why i created account here & asking my doubt

asking doubt &

expecting answers is wrong in here?

No it is not - but expecting answers without an iota of work is CHEATING. That is labeled wrong here!

I also see that you have went around the net for people to do your work.

https://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140810011556AAZesTT.

May we have your instructor's e-mail address?

S/he would be so proud at your diligence - in-spite of your busy schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont want any explaination for my problem
i just want procedure & answer to the problem
if you dont know the problem, you can simply skip the problem :)

i dont want any explaination for my problem

You asked for an explanation.

EXPLAIN procedure also.

There is a link in the first reply to your thread. Click it, and you will see another link to a Khan Academy video. That video provides explanation.

Please be sure to read the forum guidelines, before posting. Here's a link to the summary page. Thank you! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.