How do I use the better looking text?

If you're asking about the math-formatting system, it's called LaTex. Here's an example.

\(\displaystyle \lim\limits_{h \to 0} f(c+h) = \lim\limits_{x \to c} f(x)\)

You may google for tutorials, but be warned that there are different implementations of LaTex on the Internet; some coding examples that you may find do not work here, so use the [Preview Post] button to verify that your coding renders properly, before posting it.

You may right-click any LaTex expression, to see the actual coding (select Show Math As >> TeX commands). Try it, above!

Also, in our forums, you must enclose each line of LaTex coding within [ֺtex] and [/ֺtex] tags.

Cheers :cool:

PS: If you're asking about ASCII math symbols, and you're using a computer with Windows, the most-commonly used math symbols are available in the Character Map.

If you're asking about the math-formatting system, it's called LaTex. Here's an example.

\(\displaystyle \lim\limits_{h \to 0} f(c+h) = \lim\limits_{x \to c} f(x)\)

You may google for tutorials, but be warned that there are different implementations of LaTex on the Internet; some coding examples that you may find do not work here, so use the [Preview Post] button to verify that your coding renders properly, before posting it.

You may right-click any LaTex expression, to see the actual coding (select Show Math As >> TeX commands). Try it, above!

Also, in our forums, you must enclose each line of LaTex coding within [ֺtex] and [/ֺtex] tags.

Cheers :cool:

PS: If you're asking about ASCII math symbols, and you're using a computer with Windows, the most-commonly used math symbols are available in the Character Map.

Thank-you, this what I wanted to know. :-D

How do people know what to type that show things like math symbols?

I believe most of us use a language call tex or a variation of tex, i.e. Latex. Some of the commands for Latex are given at
ftp://ftp.ams.org/pub/tex/doc/amsmath/short-math-guide.pdf

For example suppose we wanted to write the fraction x minus one divided by x squared minus 1. The code would look like
Code:
[B][SIZE=4][tex]\frac{x-1}{x^2-1}[/tex][/SIZE][/B]
and would look like
\(\displaystyle \frac{x-1}{x^2-1}\)

Also, to get the code to show up better, I changed the font size and made it bold using the buttons above.