Eigenvalues of special matrices pt. 3

Pythagoras_50

The differential equations text* I’m using states, “The eigenvalues of the [following] coefficient matrices can be found by inspection and factoring.” Please explain how one can “read” the eigenvalues. I see that the top four are symmetric matrices, but I don’t see how that helps. I don’t observe anything distinctive about the last five matrices. I am self-taught and would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.

Link to matrix images:

http://wikisend.com/download/508204/Special Matrices.pdf

Very few people are going to down load files from an unknown source! How large are these matrices? Would it really be that difficult to just type in the entries yourself?

There are 9 3x3 matrices. Even is I knew how to type them in standard text format, it would be extremely tedious.

There are 9 3x3 matrices. Even is I knew how to type them in standard text format, it would be extremely tedious.
"Tedious", meaning you would have to do work? And your whole point in coming here was to have other people do the work for you!

"Tedious", meaning you would have to do work? And your whole point in coming here was to have other people do the work for you!

My point in coming here was not to practice my typing, but to learn. I've puzzled over the problem, and I'm stumped. By your line of reasoning, then you are doing "the work" for every poster to whom you reply.