Proposals and Promises

DexterOnline

Yup, I read the finance textbooks,

Yup, I watched the financial management lecture videos on UTube

Yup, I examined the free PDF files

Yup, came to conclusion that at around 70% to 75% of business schools across Naughty America the business professors teach Linear Interpolation to find interest rate called IRR

Yup, I used Excel since 1990 when Windows v3.0 was released leading to quick death of Lotus 1-2-3 as Microsoft wanted you to Excel in Life

But how many iterative methods do you find in a text book on numerical analysis also referred to as iterative methods

The reason its called iterative methods is due to the nature of repeating calculations that begin at a random seed value that is fed to the calculations to check for convergence within a given error bound for number of times

The most of popular of such iterative methods to find IRR, yes the Academy Award for best writer goes to

Sir Isaac Newton

Followed by

Joseph Raphson

Thus the Newton-Raphson method for solving n-degree polynomial that gets formed by setting net present value to zero

Then in comes Sir DexterOnline, the sorry retard from South Essia who thinks he belongs to Southern New York Island of Manhattan, Kansas

The Challenge he presents:

How many numerical methods do you have under your black karate belt by beating Mike Tyson in the 1st round of World Heavy Weight title bout at the Taj Mahal in Reno, Nevada or was it in Atlantic City on Jersey Shore

Yes my mentor Sir Wilmer will surely chime in with his jabs once more at this poor suburban soul mate who was lost in Yonkers, NY in 1992

Then my friend Sir Jonah v2.0 heading towards new release Bud Light v2.5 will remind us of Oscars that were lost to a British Novelist by the name of Ian Flemming from Russia with Love thus Sky News Falls on its head reported a story about a rescue mission to evacuate the last American Boy Scout stranded in a pueblo in Western Punjab

Here it is the challenger

Dexter offers his own versions of iterative methods to find IRR and there are an infinite number of such iterative methods to solve for interest rate for a series of cashflows in either even or uneven amounts

Now how many trees in Amazon UK need to be cut or more of the trees need to be planted to make the paper back on which such an infinite number of numerical methods to find IRR will be printed

Open to critique, and sarcasm to reach climax in eternity

And Lord was smiling at them all, at least it was that way the last time I checked :p

Do you have a question?

I surmise that within "Sir Jonah v2.0", the "v" relates to vodka...

Yes I do have a question!

Would you marry me?

Last time it didn't work out though at the MHF, and I don't see Sir JeffM anywhere near so no best man expected

I could have proposed to Sir Jonah v2.0 but you just told me he is a junkie and I don't like smell of booze you wise man

So is this going to be my last post on this beautiful forum for greeks or was that geeks

Promises, promises...

I thought you meant Promised Yield to Maturity - YTM - that was promised to Argentine bond holdouts waiting for the last 14 years to receive accrued interest that some refer to as food coupons, for the wealthy financiers, that can be redeemed at the A&P supermarket in exchange for commodities and exchange commission that regulate the futures and forward contracts whose fair value is determined by applying stochastic calculus that was based on Itō's lemma recently shared with the President at a White House ceremony to commemorate the screening of Selma Hayek from Alabama.

Last edited:
Apologies for the digression from the topic

Talking about those so-called infinite number of numerical methods, funny that no one asked if this retard has exceeded the limits of retardation or was this in fact a factual statement based on correct assumptions with such a count of algorithms to be true

To answer the question, one has to look at the Taylor Polynomial and you have the answer.

Taylor's polynomial is based on his infinite series by the same name Taylor series. And what I saw last night while chatting with Taylor, he showed me the road that goes around milky way and runs around in circles forever young