Percentage / Direct Proportion

Muppet Rat

The meat weighs ~190g. It contains 17% bone. I need to add more meat to reduce the bone to 10%. How much meat do I add?
I know this is simple stuff, but I've never been any good at percentages, sorry :oops:
TIA

The meat weighs ~190g. It contains 17% bone. I need to add more meat to reduce the bone to 10%. How much meat do I add?
I know this is simple stuff, but I've never been any good at percentages, sorry :oops:
TIA

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "
Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting

TIA
You need to add more meat--100% meat. So what will the total weight be now. What % is to be meat?

If the mix is 190 units and 17% of that is bone, then how many units are bone? (Hint: Multiply.) How many then are meat? (Hint: Subtract.)

If you want the bone to be 10% of the mix, then you need to add enough meat to get the meat to be 90% of the mix. Given the number of units which are bone, how many units of meat do you need to add? (Hint: Multiply the number of units in the 10% = 1/10 that is bone by 9 to get the amount in 9/10 = 90% which needs to be meat. Then subtract what you already have to find the amount needed.)

If you get stuck, please reply showing your efforts in answering the above questions. Thank you! ;)

TIA
334.339g (plus 22.371g more of bone:D)