Population balance modeling

Hasselhof

I have some experimental data and I need to make a population balance model to compare the experimental results with. The experimental results are from the bubble size distribution in a bioreactor.
I have compared 5 different population balance models and made a comparison between these and I found the Luo and Svendsen model is most suitable for my problem. But even this model has unknown parameters which need to be determined and I have not much experience in this matter. I have the experiment result, which they said I need to use to compare the population balance model with and use some of the data to find the population balance equation. And I have the setup of the experiment: the experiment result is the bubble size distribution in a bioreactor, with an aeration of 0.25 vvm, an agitation speed of 250 rpm and an oil fraction (in water) of 30% (desity= 1230)

Is it possible to solve and calculate the population balance equations for this case? for this case.

I have some experimental data and I need to make a population balance model to compare the experimental results with. The experimental results are from the bubble size distribution in a bioreactor.
I have compared 5 different population balance models and made a comparison between these and I found the Luo and Svendsen model is most suitable for my problem. But even this model has unknown parameters which need to be determined and I have not much experience in this matter. I have the experiment result, which they said I need to use to compare the population balance model with and use some of the data to find the population balance equation. And I have the setup of the experiment: the experiment result is the bubble size distribution in a bioreactor, with an aeration of 0.25 vvm, an agitation speed of 250 rpm and an oil fraction (in water) of 30% (desity= 1230)

Is it possible to solve and calculate the population balance equations for this case? for this case.

You might want to read
http://www.researchgate.net/publica...mmersed_into_a_fully_developed_turbulent_flow
where it is stated "Luo and Svendsen argued that their model does not include any unknown empirical parameters; however, ..."

Another paper
http://www.cfd.com.au/cfd_conf03/papers/148Jon.pdf
also states "The model is based on the theories of isotropic turbulence,and significantly contains no unknown or adjustable parameters. ..."