Need help with business equation

MichaelDixon

Hello everyone.
I'm not a hand. I apologize in advance for my lack of adequate ability to describe my issue, so please bare with me.

I've got the following data set and I need to extrapolate a formula to give me the second number.

There is the given number on top (x), and the result is on bottom (y).

x= 1 100 500 750 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000
y= 1000 500 100 75 50 25 10 5 1

If you graph them out, it kind of looks like a parabola.

So if someone gives me x, what can I do to get y.
Also know that y is approximate so the formula doesn't need to work exactly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've got the following data set and I need to extrapolate a formula to give me the second number.

There is the given number on top (x), and the result is on bottom (y).

x= 1 100 500 750 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000
y= 1000 500 100 75 50 25 10 5 1

If you graph them out, it kind of looks like a parabola.

So if someone gives me x, what can I do to get y.
Also know that y is approximate so the formula doesn't need to work exactly.
What sorts of topics have been covered in class recently? Are you supposed to be using a graphing calculator or other software for finding a regression? What have you tried so far?

Please be complete, so we can see what you're (probably) supposed to be using for this homework exercise. Thank you! ;)

Clarification

Thanks again for your help. I know it's probably frustrating trying to help someone that doesn't even know how to describe what they need your help with.

I'm not a student, I'm a business owner. I'm trying to create a formula to help analyze data. Basically, the lower first number, the higher the second and it's an exponential. The second number is estimation on my part, so there is a little flexibility.

Here is a sample data set.
attachment.php

I am trying to find a formula to plug in the x and get the y. Sorry again for the unclear question. Unfortunately, I never invested in this skill-set.

Attachments

• Graph.jpg
    Graph.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 6
If you're using a spreadsheet, see if it can do the regression for you. (Whether or not that regression will suit your needs will be entirely a matter of your particular situation, requirements, and taste.) ;)