matrix The lord of the rings: How many of each type of villain has he slain?

Tami

Aragorn the Great has boasted to his hordes of followers that many a notorious villain has fallen to his awesome sword: His total of 600 victims consists of evil sorcerers, trolls, and orcs. These he has slain with a total of 800 mighty thrusts of his sword; evil sorcerers and trolls each requiring two thrusts (to the chest) and orcs each requiring one thrust (to the neck). When asked about the number of trolls he has slain, he replies, "I, the mighty Aragorn, despise trolls nine times as much as I despise evil sorcerers. Accordingly, nine times as many trolls as evil sorcerers have fallen to my sword!" How many of each type of villain has he slain?

Aragorn the Great has boasted to his hordes of followers that many a notorious villain has fallen to his awesome sword: His total of 600 victims consists of evil sorcerers, trolls, and orcs. These he has slain with a total of 800 mighty thrusts of his sword; evil sorcerers and trolls each requiring two thrusts (to the chest) and orcs each requiring one thrust (to the neck). When asked about the number of trolls he has slain, he replies, "I, the mighty Aragorn, despise trolls nine times as much as I despise evil sorcerers. Accordingly, nine times as many trolls as evil sorcerers have fallen to my sword!" How many of each type of villain has he slain?

Since you know it is a matrix related problem - did you set up the matrix?

Duplicate Post:

http://www.chegg.com/homework-help/...villain-fallen-awesome-sword-total-6-q6032189

Last edited by a moderator: