Propositional Logic

Jam

Just started this subject and I am having great difficulty with it, these are my incorrect attempts. I was wondering if somebody could help me correct these mistakes. thanks

• If the student chooses both courses B and C, he/she has to take also the course E.
(B Λ C) → E

• The student cannot choose courses A, B, E, and F at the same time.

~ (A Λ B Λ E Λ F)

• If the student chooses courses B and E, but not course C, then he/she cannot choose the course D.

(B Λ E) Λ ~ C ⇒ ~D

• If B is chosen, then C or A has to be chosen.

B→ (C V A)

thanks Rory

Just started this subject and I am having great difficulty with it, these are my incorrect attempts. I was wondering if somebody could help me correct these mistakes. thanks

• If the student chooses both courses B and C, he/she has to take also the course E.
(B Λ C) → E

• The student cannot choose courses A, B, E, and F at the same time.
~ (A Λ B Λ E Λ F)

• If the student chooses courses B and E, but not course C, then he/she cannot choose the course D.
(B Λ E) Λ ~ C ⇒ ~D

• If B is chosen, then C or A has to be chosen.
B→ (C V A)
What were the instructions? What are "these mistakes"? Are you saying that the bulletted items are the questions, that the instructions were to "Express the statements using Boolean-algebraic notation", and that the logical statements are your proposed answers, but that you know that they're incorrect?

Please be complete. Thank you! ;)