Find the smallest number that has of factors of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9 ,10

rjravaz

Help me please I know the answer but need the work:

The answer I got was 5,040 please show me the work if you get the same answer please.

Help me please I know the answer but need the work
As you saw, that's not how this site works; we don't "do" students' work for them, nor do we give out the answers. For further information, please re-read the "Read Before Posting" announcement.

If the number has all of these values as factors, then the number is of the form 2*a = 3*b = 4*c = ... and so forth. In other words, it has all of these values in some form of its factorization. For instance, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 12 are factors of 12, because 2*6 = 12, 3*4 = 12, and 1*12 = 12. In other words, your target number is a multiple, in some manner, of each of these factors. Since it contains each of these factors, in some manner, this multiple is common to each of these factors.

If you're talking about the smallest number having all of these factors, then you have to consider duplicates. For instance, 2 is a factor of 4, 6, and 12; and 3 is a factor of 6 and 12. So you're looking for the least such number.

Hint: Consider the italicised words above. Where does this lead? (here) ;)

Help me please I know the answer but need the work:
The answer I got was 5,040 please show me the work if you get the same answer please.
That is incorrect.

Can you explain why both \(\displaystyle 2^3~\&~3^2\) must be factors of the product?
What other factors are necessary? Please tell us along with your reasoning.

Hint: There are just two others.

120 has factors of 2,3,4,5,6,8 and 10

So we need a venn diagram of 120, 7 and 9 (sorry for the small numbers)

LCM = product of all numbers

attachment.php

2x2x2x5x3x3x7=120x21=2520

Attachments

• venn.jpg
    venn.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 15