I need your help with a possible attempt at finding a pattern to Prime numbers

HawkI

http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/markdisaac/media/Prime Fractions_zpshtgasrc1.png.html

There's only two patterns left to discover, the occurrence of the yellows (the yellows mean take away) and the numerator. This approach uses fractions and ordinal numbers 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and so on. The one on the left loops and the one on the right zigzags. The one on the right is our focus, the one on the left may help though so I left it in as well as the instructions on how to do this on excel.

(2 - (1/2=0.5)) = 1.5*2nd=3
(1.5 + (1/6=0.16...)) = 1.6...*3rd=5

And so on

Honestly I think this is achievable, I mean I don't know nearly as much maths as a professor and I managed to find this after hearing about how Prime numbers don't like to repeat their last digit.

2/2=1, 6/3=2, 12/4=3, 20/5=4 And so on

attachment.php

Attachments

• Prime Fractions.jpg
    Prime Fractions.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I'm so clumsy I just deleted my thread by accident whilst pressing edit to do gramma

attachment.php

Yellow means minus

This attempt at finding a pattern to primes uses fractions and ordinal numbers, i'm not a professor and I got this far.

2/2=1, 6/3=2, 12/4=3 And so on

Attachments

• Prime Fractions.jpg
    Prime Fractions.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 24
Today I learnt

Today I learnt that the denominators are a series of numbers called Pronic numbers

To day I learnt how to solve the red yellow minus operation occurrence pattern. It involved changing the numerator to have both positive and negative numbers.

When negative numbers are raised by powers they can alternate between positive and negative.

People, there is only one more internal pattern to solve. What is the pattern of the numerator? It has to start with maybe -0x^ or I just to be complicated. I think the whole of the first line might be hiding something.

We can do this!

http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/markdisaac/media/Prime Fractions_zpshtgasrc1.png.html

Honestly I think this is achievable, I mean I don't know nearly as much maths as a professor and I managed to find this after hearing about how Prime numbers don't like to repeat their last digit.

2/2=1, 6/3=2, 12/4=3, 20/5=4 And so on

attachment.php

What do you mean by that? What is the last digit? if you mean the unit digit - then the exceptions would be - 3, 13, 23, 43, 53, 73, 83, 103..... innumerable!

Every Prime finishes with either 1, 3, 7 or 9. except for 2 obviously. They don't like to repeat these last digits, so it's like 1 in 3.