A fun little problem I can't solve.

View attachment 30443
This is taken from the 2022 Georg Mohr test.
Please show us what you've tried, as we ask you to:

Have you observed what angle BAC is? Or at least seen a couple similar triangles? (The first thing I did is to draw in the radius to the point of tangency, which is always necessary.)

There are several ways to solve this.

Thank you! I completely missed the trigonometry part of this. After drawing the radius to the point of tangency I could figure the angles out, and I got the answer to be C.

Thank you! I completely missed the trigonometry part of this. After drawing the radius to the point of tangency I could figure the angles out, and I got the answer to be C.
No trigonometry needed - that is use of sin, tan, cos etc.

Only geometry - circles and similar triangles....

Wait, how do I solve it by only using geometry? I am curious now.
Call T , the tangent point on AB. Then

BC/OT = AB/OA = AC/TA

AC = 2* OA and OT = 1 and Pythagorus .........continue......

Show us your work with trig, and we can probably turn it into geometry. After all, trig ratios are really just ways to name similar triangles (sort of).
After doing the radius to the point of tangency I could make to known sides in the smaller similar triangle. Side "a" must be 1 and side "c" must be 2. Then I calculated sin^-1(a/c) which gave me 30°. Now I know all the angles since it was a similar triangle. Lastly, I just did TanA*b to find the side BC. It gave 4/√3. Hope this makes sense :)

After doing the radius to the point of tangency I could make to known sides in the smaller similar triangle. Side "a" must be 1 and side "c" must be 2. Then I calculated sin^-1(a/c) which gave me 30°. Now I know all the angles since it was a similar triangle. Lastly, I just did TanA*b to find the side BC. It gave 4/√3. Hope this makes sense :)
SK's method in effect uses the Pythagorean theorem to find your tangent of A given the sine of A, without needing to explicitly find angle A.

SK's method in effect uses the Pythagorean theorem to find your tangent of A given the sine of A, without needing to explicitly find angle A.
Exactly, and that is also probably the right way to solve it. I'm so relieved haha, I don't why this rather simple problem irritated me so much.