Advice from mathematicians needed!!

Darya

Hi, guys! I really need an advice with mathematical subjects. I study pure mathematics at a university and I have a dilemma on whether I should take graph theory or not. I had a really stressful year and would like to have less subjects. Moreover I studied only a little bit of graph theory but it didn't seem to excite me as well as e..g Analysis.

So, please, could someone tell me, is it really so important to master this subject? Could I be a good mathematician without it.

Thanks!!

Hi, guys! I really need an advice with mathematical subjects. I study pure mathematics at a university and I have a dilemma on whether I should take graph theory or not. I had a really stressful year and would like to have less subjects. Moreover I studied only a little bit of graph theory but it didn't seem to excite me as well as e..g Analysis.So, please, could someone tell me, is it really so important to master this subject? Could I be a good mathematician without it.
Any answer will depend upon on your own goals. What are your plans? If you want to teach mathematics then no you can skip graph theory. On the other-hand I have had several former computer students tell me how often they have used the graph theory in the electrical generational industry. If I were you, I would explore what you want to do with mathematics.