Backward Euler Method to find relationship in time Domain

Ado

Dear all,
In order to progress with my Master thesis I have to comprehend what a previous student did in his own thesis.
As part of an experiment he collected raw air pressure values (LVAP) that are proportional to the position of a moving piston. However pressure behaves as a first order system with a zero that results in a positive overshoot of the Raw LVAP as shown in the graph below.

1617091172905.png
In order to apply stationary isothermal equations he states that he must estimate air pressure without transients. He ends up with the equation shown above the graph that describes the behavior of the pneumatic phase in response to the change in motor position.
Then he states that the estimated LVAP is calculated using the raw LVAP measurements filtered by the function given above and discretized using the backward Euler method.
I would like to know how do I find the formula that will give me the estimated LVAP in the time domain, using the raw LVAP values and the motor position since I am not familiar with the methods mentioned above. Any hint is more than welcome.
Thanks so much for your help in advance.
Kind Regards,
Ado