calculation of cost of money per meter of material not like in book ?!

btimofte100

Hi All
I have the problem
For 26 meters Chiffon and 19 meters calico has been paid 2130 dollars. Some other time the prices being the same it has been paid 2130 dollars for 20 meters chiffon and 29 meters calico.How much costs 1 meter of chiffon and 1 meter of calico ?

Here is my solution in Mathematica , but in the book the answer is 60 and resp. 30 dollars which is integer and my answer is real only....

1599331870690.png

Any tip ?

Hi All
I have the problem
For 26 meters Chiffon and 19 meters calico has been paid 2130 dollars. Some other time the prices being the same it has been paid 2130 dollars for 20 meters chiffon and 29 meters calico.How much costs 1 meter of chiffon and 1 meter of calico ?

Here is my solution in Mathematica , but in the book the answer is 60 and resp. 30 dollars which is integer and my answer is real only....

View attachment 21441

Any tip ?
What is your question? Did you check your answer against the given data?

I think i found a typo . Its 21 meters and not 20 ... Now i get the correct solution

21 * 60 + 29*30 makes 2130 dollars

Ps: i found this answer from mathforums.com . Their website is faster in accepting questions . On this website all my answers are deleted and then appear suddenly , i cant even check them normally after i post them . I dont know whats wrong with this website , its very confusing to use

Last edited: