Can someone suggest me the approach for solving this problem.

You have to try something! Even telling us what it is that you want to find would be helpful. Can you label some of the sides?

I'm assuming you are trying to find x. There are some right angles in there, can you see why? I would draw a line from where the tangent meets the circle to the centre of the circle - this will give some more right angles. Does that help any?

I'm assuming you are trying to find x. There are some right angles in there, can you see why? I would draw a line from where the tangent meets the circle to the centre of the circle - this will give some more right angles. Does that help any?
Yup I have tried that but not getting any idea to proceed further.

You have to try something! Even telling us what it is that you want to find would be helpful. Can you label some of the sides?
The given image is the complete question, nothing else was mentioned

Where is the problem from? I am getting x=4, but the solution is a bit too complicated - need to add a bunch of segments, use the Pythagorean theorem twice.

Where is the problem from? I am getting x=4, but the solution is a bit too complicated - need to add a bunch of segments, use the Pythagorean theorem twice.
Could you please share the solution because 4 is the correct answer

Beer inspired Google image search follows.
Could you please share the solution because 4 is the correct answer
Yes its 4 units

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem

I hope that you realize by now that no one here will do this problem for you. This is a help forum where we prefer to help students arrive at the answer. I am sure that you can label some more sides and angles. Please do this and then you will receive further help. The help that you receive from this forum is proportional to the amount of effort you put into the problem which you need help with.